The Riviera of Olive Oil
An excursion to discover the authentic extra-virgin olive oil of the Valley of Flowers: the ingredient at the base of the Mediterranean diet and the cuisine of the Italian Riviera
- Transfer to Taggia along the Via Aurelia (15 km – about 20 min).
- Visit to the medieval historic center, to the beautiful monastery of San Domenico and the excellent art gallery.
- In this area you can also visit one of the many olive oil mills of the Valle Argentina valley, where the famous extra-virgin olive oil of the Riviera is produced from the typical local Taggia olives. Here a tasting of delicious typical local products can also be arranged.
- Lunch break and transfer to Imperia along the scenic Via Aurelia (20 km – about 25 min).
- At Oneglia a visit to the Museum of the Olive curated by the Carli company, unique of its kind, with a cutting edge display that offers the opportunity to find out about the history of the ingredients that are the basis of the Mediterranean diet, starting in antiquity and continuing right up to the present time. There is also the chance of shopping in the adjoining shop which sells food products, including wonderful products derived from olive oil.
- Return along the motorway (30 km – about 40 min).
THE EXCURSION INCLUDES
- Transfer in minibus with driver/guide
A LA CARTE SERVICES
- Tasting of local products for lunch in a location that is typical of the valley
THE EXCURSION DOES NOT INCLUDE
- entry tickets to museums and attractions
- anything that is not explicitly included in “the excursion includes”
€99 / Person