The fairy tale of the principality
An excursion to experience the Fairy Tale of the Principality of Monaco, discovering the ancient Rocca fortress as well as the more modern and fashionable Monte Carlo, with its Casino and luxury boutiques.
- Transfer from San Remo to the Principality of Monaco (40 km – approx 1 hr 15 min) following the panoramic coastal road that passes by Bordighera, Ventimiglia, Menton and Cap Martin.
- Before entering the city we suggest a visit to the exotic garden of Monte Carlo, packed with over 6,000 varieties of plants and cactuses that come from all over the world – from here you can enjoy an unparalleled view over the coast.
- Upon arrival in the area near the harbor it is possible to park and gain access to the castle and the old town, where you can see the famous Oceanographic Museum and watch the traditional changing of the guard in front of the Palazzo del Principe, which is in turn open from May to October. You can then have lunch in one of the lovely restaurants to be found among the many crafts shops and speciality boutiques.
- In the afternoon a visit to the elegant Place du Casino is a must, with the opportunity to go into the gaming rooms of the Casino, of the Cafè de Paris and the American SunCasino.
- A pleasant stroll in the Japanese Garden dedicated to the memory of Princess Grace is recommended prior to the return journey.
- Return on the motorway (40 km – approx. 45 min).
THE EXCURSION INCLUDES
- Transfer in minibus with driver/guide.
A LA CARTE SERVICES
- Lunch in a traditional Monaco city restaurant or in a fashionable Monte Carlo locale.
THE EXCURSION DOES NOT INCLUDE
- entry tickets to museums and attractions
- anything that is not explicitly stated in “the excursion includes”
ON A TRIP WITH YOUR CHILDREN
The Oceanographic Museum of Monaco is a visit that is absolutely recommended for families, in that it offers the possibility of seeing many rare species of fish as well as experiencing a fascinating exhibition dedicated to the exploration of the seven seas.
€99 / Person