Route through caves and old villages
An excursion to discover the oldest origins of the Italian Riviera, with the prehistoric remains of Toirano and the historic centers of Finalborgo and Cervo.
- You will reach Toirano by the motorway. (70 km / 45 miles – about 50 min.)
- Visi t to Toirano Caves which abound in natural beauties and traces of Prehistoric inhabitants.
- Back to San Remo with a stop for lunch at Finale Ligure. (15 km. / 9 miles – about 20 min.)
- Visit to Finalborgo – a medieval village – which is surrounded by medieval walls and can offer you interesting opportunities for shopping.
- Stop at Cervo for about 1 hour on your way back to San Remo. (40 km. / 25 miles – about 30 min.)
- Visit to the old village which overlooks the sea and is dominated by the stately church of St. John the Baptist, which is one of the most important examples of Baroque architecture in Liguria. On top of the hill you can find the Castle of Clavesana which nowadays hosts the Ethnographic Museum of Western Liguria.
- Back to San Remo by the motorway. (40 km. / 25 miles – about 30 min)
THE EXCURSION INCLUDES
- Transfer in minibus with driver/guide.
A LA CARTE SERVICE
- Lunch in a typical restaurant where you can sample the most authentic Genoan cuisine.
- Admission tickets to the Grotte di Toirano purchased in advance.
THE EXCURSION DOES NOT INCLUDE
- tickets for entry to musems and attractions
- anything that is not explicitly stated in “the excursion includes”
- ON A TRIP WITH YOUR CHILDREN a visit to the Toirano Caves with your children will be an occasion for fun and discovery, which can continue in the afternoon with a visit to Le Caravelle Aquatic Park, with its swimming pools and breathtaking slides.
€99 / Person